Solar Energy Performance Assessment (Energy Audit)
Can Help Save You Even More!
What Is A Solar Energy Performance Assessment?
A Solar Energy Performance Assessment is our version of an energy audit. This is the first step to assess how much energy your home or business consumes, and to evaluate what measures you can take to make it more energy efficient. The energy audit performs a room-by-room examination of a structure as well as a thorough examination of past utility bills. This is a nice option to have before Eco Green installs your custom solar system.
By taking this step you can make additional changes to reduce the energy usage from your home allowing you to reduce the necessary size of your solar system.
Home Energy Audit
Eco Green uses a variety of techniques and equipment to determine the structure’s energy efficiency before we put on your solar system. Our energy audit uses equipment such as blower door, which measures the extent of leaks in the building envelope, a duct tester which can determine the efficiency and condition of the HVAC duct system and infrared cameras, which reveal hard-to-detect areas of air infiltration and missing insulation.
Preparing for an Energy Audit
Before Eco Green visits your property, make a list of any existing problems or concerns. Have copies or a summary of your yearly energy bills. (Your utility company can provide these for you.) Eco Green will use this information to establish what to look for during the energy audit.
First, we examine the outside of the property to determine the size of the structure and its features (i.e. wall area, number and size of windows).
Then we will analyze your living behavior that drives energy use:
- Is anyone home during working hours?
- What is the average thermostat setting for summer and winter?
- How many people live or work here?
- Is every room in use?
Your answers may help uncover some simple ways to reduce your home or business energy consumption.
Top Reasons For An Energy Audit
- Before installing solar or renewable energy systems
- Before you sell your home
- Before you buy a home
- Before replacing your heating or AC system
- Before you renovate your home
Why a home energy audit?
- Potentially reduce the overall size of the solar electric system needed
- Help to increase your home’s value
- Lower utility bills for the life of your home
- Allow you to understand if your home has comfort issues
- Allow you to identify if there are any ventilation issues